RE: mixed case text

From: Amar Kumar Padhi <TS2017_at_emirates.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 03:38:22 -0800

RE: mixed case text

I agree too, but with one exception.
Our system was built in 7.3, no function based indexes then. We stored everything in upper case. We have lot of clients using the software and no one complains as such about the Upper cases. Though with function-based indexes coming in we might consider mixed cases for specific identified columns only.

There is some data that always needs to follow a particular case, like currency codes, AED, AUD, USD, INR etc.  We prefer keeping such data in upper case only and prevent user from entering lower cases.  Other information can be mixed case.

rgds
amar
http://amzone.netfirms.com

Author: Steve McClure
  INET: smcclure@usscript.com

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists

Author: Philip Douglass
  INET: philipd@sirs.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS@LIFETOUCH.COM