RE: Oracle 9.2 Client/Server cnct to Oracle7 NOT Supported

From: Molina, Gerardo <Gerardo.Molina_at_schwab.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:58:39 -0800

Connecting with an earlier release client may work. But 9i has new character set (AL16UTF16, for example). Earlier release client will not understand the new character set. There are patches for some of the earlier clients, if you can't upgrade client. Check Metalink.

HTH,
Gerardo

Author: Hemant K Chitale
  INET: hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg