Re: Viewing Data in Oracle Apps Tables

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:23:29 -0800

In order to implement Multi-Org, the views filter out rows on the basis of ORG_ID.
Thus, AP_INVOICES is a view on AP_INVOICES_ALL with the WHERE clause including a filter on ORG_ID.
Either query the AP_INVOICES_ALL table or use DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO.SET_CLIENT_INFO
to set your ORG_ID.

You should be able to look up this on MetaLink.

Note : 11.0.28 is not really the Apps R11 version number. The version numbers are 11.0.1, 11.0.2 and 11.0.3. 11.0.28 is only the number which get hard-coded in the directory names.

Hemant

At 03:43 AM 20-08-02 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I'm using Oracle Apps 11.0.28 Database Version 8.0.5
>
>When I query the Data using Application Forms I can view the data. When I see
>the record information it shows me the view name which is in APPS schema.
>When I query the view from SQL*PLUS or any other tool, it gives me 'NO ROWS
>FOUND'
>
>This is from Oracle 11 Architecture Manual:
>
>"Oracle Applications forms and concurrent programs always access database
>objects from within the Oracle Applications environment. If you use a tool
>like SQL*Plus to connect directly to an Oracle Applications schema, the
>values returned by the view through SQL*Plus may be different from those
>returned by an Oracle Applications form or concurrent program. For example,
>when accessed within the Oracle Applications environment, some views
>reference profile options at different levels. When accessed directly from
>SQL*Plus, views reference only the site-level value of the profile option."
>
>And this is also mentioned in the same document:
>
>"In case you want to create a schema with read-only access to applications
>data......... Grant access on objects to the user schema from the APPS
>schema, not from a base product schema."
>
>Now my questions are:
>
>1. What is the meaning of the statement "When accessed directly from
>SQL*Plus, views reference only the site-level value of the profile option."
>
>2. Why is it not selecting the data from the view from SQL*PLUS whereas it
>can select the same data from the application forms
>
>3. If I am not getting the required data when I connect to the DB using APPS
>username, how will I get the required data if I grant accss to the objects
>from APPS schema rather than giving access to underlying Objects directly?
>
>I have to create a seperate application for reporting summaries of critical
>information to the management. What access should I give to the application
>schema - Read only access on Objects directly or through APPS schema?
>
>Regards
>Naveen
>--
>--