RE: shutdown abort / startup restrict / shutdown vs. shutdown imm

From: Farnsworth, Dave <DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:19:09 -0800

I have had this happen on a test system where nobody else and no apps where making any transactions. My cold backups 'shutdown immediate' cammand hang for the whole weekend. I did a shutdown abort on Monday morning. I find it just about impossible to believe that any rollbacks where happening. And like in April's posts, Oracle corp seems to think that doing a shutdown abort is the fix. That is a flaw to me.

Dave

Author: Farnsworth, Dave
  INET: DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com