RE: RE: Rant

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:14:25 -0800

What happened to the dream about the database that doesn't need a DBA? Something like that was announced for the version 27i. You know, everything will tune itself, database engine will tap directly into the user's mind and, based on that, define the best possible access path. Of course, the instance would spread iself ideally accross the available disks, allocate the optimum amount of memory, tune its parameters and deinstall any MS Office products from the machine. Sort of Larry Ellison's version of "I have a dream" speach.

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com