RE: (Fwd/2)

From: Johnson, Michael <Michael.Johnson_at_oln-afmc.af.mil>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:05:29 -0800

There are those that argue Apple provided competition to Microsoft. Not very good competition, but competition nonetheless and so the monopoly argument goes out the window. I agree Microsoft is substandard product, especially with regard to the server based class. However, the market place has spoken very clearly and it is up to someone else to come and take away some of Microsofts Pie !

In 1998, at Oracle OpenWorld, McNally and Ellision completely trashed Microsoft and Bill Gates in one of those open morning sessions. My thought at the time was , instead of bitchin about them , why dont you just go compete against them and put them out of business.

Well, its 2002 and Sun / Oracle now have major business problems and Microsoft just seems to keep on truckin. I havent heard much lately from Scott and Larry regarding this issue. Perhaps they are putting together a good technical presentation for Openworld this year and that will give me a good
reason to go.

maybe I will hear good technical presentations instead of thoughtless meanderings and tirades about folks they are obviously jeoulous of.

FWIW. Mike

Author: Johnson, Michael
  INET: Michael.Johnson_at_oln-afmc.af.mil