a couple of questions

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:08:33 -0800

Okay, I'm working on what feels like 30 new projects all at once and I WILL be RTFM'ing as soon as I can get more than 5 minutes out of meetings but....

first: has anyone heard of any problems with 64-bit Oracle on a Solaris 64-bit OS?

second (and this one confuses me a bit)... I've been asked if Oracle9i supports a "variant" datatype -- they are not familiar with oracle but are familiar with SQL Server and say that there is a datatype called "variant" there where you can basically overload the column with whatever datatype you want (string, number, date) and the database knows what type of data it is storing within the column. They referred me to C++ and Java, neither of which I know.

Can anyone point in the right direction to start researching this?

Thanks!

Rachel

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Autos - Get free new car price quotes http://autos.yahoo.com

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: wisernet100_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 12:08:33 CDT