RE: Oracle Applications Development Database Refresh

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 09:24:35 -0800

Hi all,

Looks like we have a fair bunch of Oracle Apps DBAs on this list! The issues of cloning for 10.7 (various flavors), 11 and 11i are quiet different from each other. This is mostly because the underlying technical architecture has changed between each of these versions. Have a look at the following link for a collection of the most comprehensive papers on this subject.

http://www.dbatoolbox.com/Content/cloning_wp.htm

11i cloning can be done 'officially' using the adclone utility, but this is cumbersome. Unofficially, there are a variety of methods that are addressed in these links.

Hth,
John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

Want to know about a carpenter who built a bridge with two sticks and three nails? Write me for details!

Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com