Setting db_block_size with installer

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 09:48:29 -0800

I am trying to install Oracle 9.2 on Solaris using dbca (Database Configuration Assistant) and didn't see a handy box to set the db_block_size. I just edited the initialization parameter, but when dbca started installing the database, it returned the errors:

   ORA-01503 Create controlfile failed
   ORA-00058 DB_BLOCK_SIZE must be 4096 to mount this database, not 8182

This made me think that since dbca copies the files rather than creates them, that it may not be possible to use other than a 4k block size.

   But on the other hand, I wanted to use dbca to ensure that I created the database like an Oracle 9.2 database, rather than just create it like I would in Oracle 8i.

   Has anyone else faced this issue and have any thoughts to share?

Thanks.
Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jul 08 2002 - 12:48:29 CDT