Re: MTS performance is too bad.

From: Suzy Vordos <lvordos_at_qwest.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:43:30 -0800

Do consider setting large_pool_size. Here's a script to get you started. MTS has bugs under 8i where the dispatcher hangs, especially when connections use JDBC thin.

col name format a10
col network format a40
col status format a14

PROMPT *** MTS DISPATCHER STATISTICS *** select name,owned,status,

   (busy/(busy + idle)) * 100 "% busy"
from v$dispatcher
/

PROMPT *** MTS SHARED SERVER STATISTICS *** select name,status,requests,

   (busy /(busy + idle)) * 100 "% busy"
from v$shared_server
/

PROMPT *** MTS QUEUE STATUS AND WAITS *** select paddr, type, queued, wait, totalq,

   decode(totalq,0,0,wait/totalq) "AVG WAIT" from v$queue
/

PROMPT *** CURRENT MTS CONNECTIONS ***
select s.username, c.dispatcher, c.server, c.status from v$circuit c, v$session s
where c.saddr = s.saddr
/

PROMPT *** MTS STATISTICS ***
select maximum_connections max_conn,

       servers_started, servers_terminated, servers_highwater from v$mts
/

Author: Suzy Vordos
  INET: lvordos_at_qwest.com