RE: distributed timeout error

From: Jack Silvey <jack_silvey_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 09:16:23 -0800

Thanks for the input, Michael.

You are correct in your error number assumption. It is the 2064 error.

We did set the 2064 event in a logon trigger and last week and got a trace, not much help there either. I tried to get the analyst to choose between oradebug and dbms_system.set_ev so that I could set it independently of the session, but we finally just put a good old alter session in our load script.

We ran a 10053 trace since the problem seems that it might be some sort of parse error on the source side.

We wanted the 10046 trace to see exactly where the error was occuring since it is in a stored procedure and what it was waiting on.

In working the theory that it might be
object/stats/parse related I rebuilt the tables and recreated the indexes, no effect.

The strange thing is that this error just started showing up two weeks ago, in two stored procedures (both doing the same thing, different tables) having the exact same frequency, scope, and duration of error. There must be a connection, but unfortunately this is a very hot problem for us and I don't have the window to figure it out. It is too bad, it is a very good puzzle. Almost hate to solve it with an upgrade.

The main reason that I am upgrading is that Oracle support has tentatively identified a possible bug (although it is internal, so no details) that will be fixed by 8.1.7.4. Their position is that unless I upgrade they won't pursue this further. So, upgrading I am, even though I do not feel that they have really nailed the problem, but they won't give further support. Reasonable on their part, since they might find that we have a bug that is already solved.

jack

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
Author: Jack Silvey