RE: How to create Redo Log Members. Oracle8.1.7

From: Hately Mike <Mike.Hately_at_churchill.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:57:39 -0800

That should be fine. The name of the file is not important. I've seen log, rdo, dbf, redo and many others.
The statement itself should be fine. Your log files seem to be the default size ( 500k ). It may be worth checking how often you're switching log files as you might want to make them larger if the database will be updated heavily. You can see from the FIRST_TIME column in V$LOG_HISTORY when your log switches are happening.
Something round about the half hour mark is nice. Just a thought,

Regards,
Mike Hately

Author: Hately Mike
  INET: Mike.Hately_at_churchill.com