Re: migrate from 8i to 9i

From: <tday6_at_csc.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 12:44:57 -0800

I'm assuming that you're creating a 9i database on the new machine when you install Oracle.

I find it useful to pre-create the tablespaces (and users) on the new database, rather than let the import do that. This gives you more control over where datafiles end up and do some clearup on unneeded users, etc.

                    Kader Ben
                    <kaderb              To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
                    @yahoo.com>          <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    Sent by: root        cc:
                                         Subject:     migrate from 8i to 9i

                    04/09/2002
                    03:18 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    ORACLE-L

Hi friends,

     I need your advise on the following question. I have DB on 8i and I want create new one on another machine with 9i.
I thought do the following steps:

1 - Install oracle 9i on a new machine
2 - make full export of the 8i DB
3 - import it on the new one (9i)

So before I proceed I need your input. Am I correct with these steps? There is something wrong?

Many thanks for you,

Kader

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax http://taxes.yahoo.com/