RE: Differences between Oracle JDBC thin and thick drivers

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 12:44:58 -0800

Louis - You may want to pick up the book "Java Programming with Oracle JDBC" by Don Bales. The editor, Jonathan Gennick participates on this list from time to time. It goes into quite a bit of detail on the differences between the thin and thick drivers, even performs benchmarks. Just a guess, but my initial impression would be that the two drivers may share very little code, given that they work so differently.
Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Louis Avrami
  INET: avramil_at_concentric.net

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 09 2002 - 15:44:58 CDT