RE: Do programmers tune SQL?

From: Larry Elkins <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 16:13:31 -0800

Seen that before. And it wouldn't be so bad except the DBA's were complaining about the poor performing SQL. They blindfolded the developers, tied their hands behind their back, to the point they could not even generate an explain plan, much less do any tracing and use tkprof. And then complained about the developers turning out poor performing SQL.

I understand your plight.

Author: Larry Elkins
  INET: elkinsl_at_flash.net