RE: RE: Fav. Urban Legend...

From: Jim Hawkins <VelvetMellocet_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:59:06 -0800

This may have already been stated, but how about:

Making your SGA size bigger will always yield performance gains.

There is a Law of Diminishing Returns at work when all the latches, free lists, etc. are taken into account for managing such a large SGA...

Jim

Jim Hawkins
Oracle Database Administrator
VelvetMellocet_at_netscape.net