RE: Fav. Urban Legend...

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jwilton_at_speakeasy.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:53:54 -0800

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, John Kanagaraj wrote:

> I believe Jeremiah Wilton presented on a similar topic at OOW.

I did do a similar presenatation, and Rachel Carmichael did a similar one the year before. Also, Gaja has a tuning myths paper/presentation.

Robert, you are welcome to consult my paper in doing your work. Just don't forget to correctly attribute material you use.

http://www.speakeasy.net/~jwilton/oracle

> One thing I will note though - there's bound to be lots of fire and
> flak erupting in your presentation. There are *lots* of so-called
> experienced DataBase Baby Sitters out there fed exclusively on
> 'Oracle for Dummies' books who had adopted these myths as reality
> and will be prepared to defend their position. You will need
> documented evidence in the form of logs or timings to make your
> stand for exploding some of these myths.

There wasn't much flak in my presentation, just mostly good questions. But I was pretty keyed up, and some people might have just thought I was deranged and wanted to avoid provoking me :-/

--
Jeremiah Wilton

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Jeremiah Wilton INET: jwilton_at_speakeasy.net Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).