OS-dependent parameters (was: Secret maximum for INITRANS?)

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 07:03:28 -0800

I sometimes think that every os-dependent parameter in Oracle is secret.

Oracle doesn't publish that information, and the OS vendors usually have no idea or are not likely to publish that info either.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

Author: Jonathan Lewis
  INET: jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca