Re: replication question

From: Rahul Dandekar <rvd_oracle_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 04:43:22 -0800

Depends on your need.
You can have read only snapshots, updatable snapshots or multimaster...
Again if you think of multimaster... then you would need to make decision based on your application requirements about sync or async

I donot have any expereince of snapshot replication. But, if you are planning multimaster replication, then better spend a couple of months studying it and testing on test boxes...

Make 100% sure that your application really needs the replication and there is no other simpler option...

Just 2 cents...

+Rahul

  Dear Gurus,
  The clients will enter records to a database all day and I will update the other database .   I need to replicate 10 tables in a database to other database at a specific time.

  Do I need Advanced replication or basic replication . ?   How can I understand that replication is supported in my both databases. ?

  Bunyamin

Author: Rahul Dandekar
  INET: rvd_oracle_at_hotmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Mar 04 2002 - 06:43:22 CST