RE: Manager decrees "his" data warehouse design. Help!

From: Don <dondealy_at_teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 19:28:24 -0800

Discoverer was my first thought too, especially since the folks in the wood panelled offices already use Discoverer.

I don't know that the all inclusive "management" came up with this one directly. There is a very bright COO that probably spawned the idea of some kind of data mart or data warehouse because he knows that 2 of the cobol developers spend over 1/2 of their time running Powerhouse (Cognos) reports, often several times a day, just with different combination of where..., group by... or order by... differences. The cobo, or if a legitimate request spawned an idea with the IT manager.

Author: Don
  INET: dondealy_at_teleport.com