RE: Upgrade directly to 8.1.7.3?

From: אדר יחיאל <adary_at_mehish.co.il>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 00:58:21 -0800

Hello Barbara

I did not worked with 8.1.7 but I installed patches in 8.1.6. I think (please check this) that maybe 8.1.7.3 is just a binary and external

files replacement and no scripts are run. In this case you need to run the scripts that convert the DB from 8.0.5 to 8.1.7
because they are not part of 8.1.7.3.

Anyway, I would suggest that you convert the DB to 8.1.7.2 and if everything is OK
upgrade later to 8.1.7.3. Upgrade like this does not need a new home and 1GB on disk.

Yechiel Adar, Mehish Computer Services
adary_at_mehish.co.il

Author: =?iso-8859-8?Q?=E0=E3=F8_=E9=E7=E9=E0=EC?=
  INET: adary_at_mehish.co.il