Oracle MTS and ORA-24777

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <Thomas.Mercadante_at_Labor.State.Ny.Us>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:23:24 -0800

All,

We are writing a Web Application using VB/ADO/COM+. Some of the data that we display on the web pages come from another Oracle database, and we are getting this data using database links.

So far, everything is going fine.

When we are in the middle of performing an update, and at the end of the update we wish to query across the database link again (to display a new screen), we are getting ORA-24777 which is telling me that the application is using dedicated connections, and that I need to use Oracle Multi-Threaded server connections to query across the link. If we do not query across the db link, everything is fine.

I set MTS up on my machine (NT, 817). The dispatcher and server processes are up and running, but I cannot for the life of me connect via a shared server (V$SESSION.SERVER column=DEDICATED). I am also running through Oracle Name server, if this matters.

Anybody got an idea of what I'm missing?

Thanks in advanced

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: Thomas.Mercadante_at_Labor.State.Ny.Us

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Feb 25 2002 - 10:23:24 CST