Re:Problem with Rollback segment getting locked

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 09:13:18 -0800

Viral,

    Why do you have 12 rollback segments with only 25 users? I normally run that kind of load with only 5 & have not had any difficulty for over 10 years. My question to you would be, are these segments online? You can have all the rollback segments you want, but it their NOT in the rollback_segment parameter of your init file or else brought online by some other mechanism then you might as well not have them because as far as the database is concerned their just not usable.

Dick Goulet

Author: Viral Amin <Viral.Amin_at_originindia.com>
Date:       2/22/2002 4:28 AM

Hi All,

   I have about 12 Rollback segmennts in my database & 25 concurrent users logged in. I am continuously facing problems of oracle just keep locking couple of Rollback segments. other people have to wait till Oracle releses the locks on this rollback segments.

My Query is..Why Oracle is just using the few rollback segments from the avilable 12 & then others have to wait till the locks on the rollback segments are released.

Pls help..This is URGENT!!

Regards,

Viral Amin

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Problem with Rollback segment getting locked</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Hi All,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">&nbsp;&nbsp; I have about 12 Rollback segmennts in
my database &amp; 25 concurrent users logged in. I am continuously facing problems of oracle just keep locking couple of Rollback segments. other people have to wait till Oracle releses the locks on this rollback segments.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">My Query is..Why Oracle is just using the few
rollback segments from the avilable 12 &amp; then others have to wait till the locks on the rollback segments are released.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Pls help..This is<B> URGENT!!</B></FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Regards,</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT COLOR="#0000FF" SIZE=2 FACE="Comic Sans MS">Viral Amin</FONT></B>
<BR><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2

</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>