RE: Upgrading from 8.0.5 to 8.1.7 - Please help

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:03:17 -0800

This is all covered in great detail in the 8.1.7 Migration Guide - Chapter 7 titled "Upgrading from a Previous Version 8 Release to the New Oracle8i Release"

There is no need to install 8.0.5 on the target server.

Just load the cold backup files, adjust init.ora and follow the steps from the guide.

Take another cold backup after the upgrade is done.

BTW, Oracle calls this an Upgrade, not a Migrate... :)

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com