RE: Limiting RMAN backup size

From: Jay Hostetter <jhostetter_at_decommunications.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 05:32:41 -0800

I have used SET LIMIT CHANNEL to limit the size of the backup pieces. I haven't used SETSIZE, which limits "the total byte size of a backup set". However, I don't see how this will help, since a backup command can create many backup sets.

I face the same dilema. It looks like another example of Oracle giving you very a fine-grained level of control over everything except that which you want to control.

>>> Craig.Munday_at_ecard.com.au 02/06/02 09:08PM >>>
TIA,   I suggest reading the section of the manual on Back Sets. I've included the link below for you.

Cheers,
Craig.

http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server. 817/a76990/rmanconc.htm#443835
<http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server .817/a76990/rmanconc.htm#443835>

Author: Jay Hostetter
  INET: jhostetter_at_decommunications.com