RE: XP Professional & 9i

From: Hallas John <John.Hallas_at_btcellnet.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 01:27:02 -0800

I think it is our problem actually because the majority of questions you ask could be answered quite easily by looking at the manual or using Metalink.

Is your company just a one or 2 man band or is it a reasonably sized company. If so I would have thought that having Oracle support was a  necessity rather than a nice to have.

I once turned down a contract at a company because they did not have 24 hour support and I was expected to do out of hours support for which any call was made would be charged for. I and I am sure many others have got into a situation where we are on our own/tired/stuck/confused whatever and a call to support has been very helpful, not just for the answer but more as someone to talk to, ensure that you are not about to do anyuhing stupid (too late for me :-)).

Knowadays there is a lot more on-line resource available and this list is getting better all the time but I personally think Metalink is invaluable both for resolving immediate problems and digging deeper into areas of interest.

John

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists
Author: Ken Janusz
  INET: ken.janusz_at_sufsys.com

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists

This electronic message contains information from the mmO2 plc Group
which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be
for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the
intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received
this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email
(to the numbers or address above) immediately.