RE: Deleting files on w2k

From: Koivu, Lisa <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 07:51:29 -0800

You are!  The problem is, by going with an os other than windoze of some sort, I am almost guaranteed that the production hardware and software support will be outsourced & moved to Denver, CO to IBM's datacenter there.  This stupid company believes in paying ibm to do everything they are afraid to or can't do.  I think I should go work for IBM.  The dev servers I will still have.

I"ll have a linux server at home yet :)

From: root_at_fatcity.com [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Koivu, Lisa Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 6:20 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: Deleting files on w2k

Believe me, I wish... if we could get a bunch of Solaris servers plus the Oracle licenses for $75,000 we'd be there...  I'm stuck with this one.

From: root_at_fatcity.com [ <mailto:root_at_fatcity.com>]On Behalf Of Koivu, Lisa Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 12:40 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: Deleting files on w2k

I'm trying to test out backup and recovery on w2k.  However, I can't remove or rename a file while the database is running!  It says "file in use".

Am I missing something or is there a way to force this?

Thanks

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Database Monkey
Fairfield Resorts, Inc.
954-935-4117 Received on Mon Dec 03 2001 - 09:51:29 CST