RE: parallize printing reports to different printers

From: Kevin Lange <kgel_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:11:38 -0800

You
need to give more information when asking a question like this .....

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>    1) What are you using for the reports
    <FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff size=2>2) Is this really a database issue ??  Is this some report that is coming from an oracle database or something ?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>    3) What is the OS that you are working on ?? Different ones have different capabilities ?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>etc.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
You
are not the first who has posted a question without giving enough info.   Folks need to be clearer with they are asking for.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>Without this kind of info .....  you will probably never get a response.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Nirmal Kumar Muthu Kumaran   [mailto:NIRMALK_at_qtel.com.qa]Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001   10:36 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   parallize printing reports to different printers   Hi all,
  A report producing multiple 1000 (say 5000) pages   producing and we want to print it. However we don't want the <FONT   face=Arial size=2>user to be idle until it completes. So we plan to reduce the   printing time by distributing (say 1000 each) report pages with   different printers (say 5 printers).
  Question is, there is anyway i can assign the   printer name in the report while printing it, like system parameters .,   etc.,
  Pleasae let me get ur ideas aeap.
  Thanks.
  Nirmal, Received on Wed Nov 21 2001 - 11:11:38 CST