RE: Rollback Segment Too Old !!!!!!!

From: Wiegand, Kurt <Kurt.Wiegand_at_CWUSA.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:17:42 -0800

metalink documents 10630.1 69464.1 62005.1 and 45895.1 will help

The key is to hold on to committed values in the rollback segments as long as possible. You can add rollback segments, increase their size (i.e. increase MINEXTENTS), avoid using OPTIMAL (maybe a debateable suggestion) but do not overlook analyzing the database activity at the time of the 1055. Consistent views of large amounts of data in a highly active database may be impossible.

Kurt Wiegand
IBM Global Services
Cable & Wireless Communications
703 760-3619

Author: Jackson Dumas
  INET: tjaros_at_webmail.co.za

Author: Wiegand, Kurt
  INET: Kurt.Wiegand_at_CWUSA.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Nov 16 2001 - 11:17:42 CST