RE: Help!: Job Description for Data Architect

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:10:15 -0800

Dave,

Straight from the Web (pointed to by Google):

http://www4.nationalacademies.org/ohr.nsf/b955c29d65d6677d8525676f00506905/7 18c743a7456d4f2852568ce007a0f74?OpenDocument

Qualifications: B.A./B.S. or equivalent, preferably in computer science, information systems, or a related field; and at least four years of progressive related experience. Requires demonstrated ability to define standards, guidelines, and procedures for the effective management of data resources; define, document, and understand all data definitions, sources, coding structures, and business meaning; team with other IS functions to define data requirements for business initiatives; identify ways to improve effective utilization of the corporate data resources; facilitate transformation of corporate data into useful information for business decisions; produce datawarehouse and datamart logical models; produce "first pass" physical data models; develop strategy to implement XML; be responsible for metadata management; and perform other duties as assigned.

Hth - and anything to help keep a job!!
John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc