Re: recover on different hardware

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 06:32:54 -0800

Barbara,

I'm going to take a bit of a guess here - but this should work:

set aside the control files used when the database was opened normally. grab only the control files from the cold backup set (ideally a backup control file) or earlier and re-attempt recovery.

I'm assuming that the size of the database is large. If not, restore the entire set and attempt recovery again. This is where snapshots on a higher-end storage volume are pretty sweet.

hth,

Paul

Author: Paul Drake
  INET: paled_at_home.com