Re: Hosing of Data Dict by "catalog.sql"

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 07:14:44 -0800

James,

I believe there is a fix listed for this on Metalink. Search Metalink for the exact text of the 4045 error. Include the object name text in the search.
I think there is an /rdbms/admin/xxxx script that needs to be run and some manual steps to take.

If memory serves me right, we had the same problem here that was caused by inadvertantly installing Advanced Queing.

Cherie Machler
Oracle DBA
Gelco Information Network

                    "James

                    Damiano"             To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    <jadam_at_nhes.st       cc:

                    ate.nh.us>           Subject:     Hosing of Data Dict by
"catalog.sql"
                    Sent by:

                    root_at_fatcity.c

                    om

                    10/30/01 08:15

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

Greetings fellow DBAs,

I have one small Oracle8i (8.1.6) database (noarchivelog mode) installation on a Windows/NT 4 box to which I believe I have done some serious damage. Long story short - I inadvertently kicked off the build script for the database which lives there.

    The first thing the script did was an "oradim", trying to recreate the service which was already running. I don't think that caused any problems but I haven't been able to locate any log of the event to indicate one way or the other.

    The second thing it did was try to "startup nomount" and "create database" which of course outright failed - no problem.

    But, the third script which fired caused the problem. After a series of
"create tablespace" and etc. failures, the "catalog.sql" script started up. It was in the process of reading in the first "create package" statement (consisting of about 2500 text lines) in preparation for executing when I cut it off. I thought I had gotten it before it even had read through to the end of that "create package". But apparantly not so. It must have executed some of the statements within that definition (e.g. "create package
body", etc.), because though everything looked fine thereafter, I tried to do a full database export and received the following result:

. . exporting table WORKSTOP
                                                            0 rows exported

. about to export ADAM's tables via Conventional Path ...
. exporting referential integrity constraints
. exporting synonyms
. exporting views
. exporting stored procedures
. exporting operators
. exporting indextypes
. exporting bitmap, functional and extensible indexes
. exporting posttables actions

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 4045 encountered ORA-04045: errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_AQ_IMPORT_INTERNAL
ORA-06552: PL/SQL: Compilation unit analysis terminated
ORA-06553: PLS-905: object SYS.AQ$_SUBSCRIBERS is invalid
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at line 1
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SYS_SQL", line 1076
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SQL", line 316
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_EXPORT_EXTENSION", line 84
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_EXPORT_EXTENSION", line 135
ORA-06512: at line 1
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

In my mind, I have the following options:

  (1) Try to just execute the full "catalog.sql" script again and

            see if that clears up the problem.

  (2) Export just the users, their schemas and data, recreate

            the database and import the users again.

  (3) Restore the datafiles from a week-old cold backup,

            drop the users, then import the same kind of export
            I mentioned in #2.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jim Damiano

Author: James Damiano
  INET: jadam_at_nhes.state.nh.us

  INET: Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com