Re:RE: RE: Network Appliance

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 05:02:48 -0800

Alan,

    A little leery is a lot safe!..

Dick Goulet

Author: "Aschenbrenner; Alan" <alan.aschenbrenner_at_ihs.com>
Date:       10/29/2001 3:55 PM

Dick,

    I believe that's the way it was setup. But, ever since they installed the patch on the netapp, the "resource temporary unavailable" problem hasn't reared it's ugly head again. It must have been a bug... I'm still a bit leery of the netapps though.

Alan

Author: "Aschenbrenner; Alan" <alan.aschenbrenner_at_ihs.com>
Date:       10/29/2001 9:00 AM

Charlie,

   My company has been using Network Appliances for quite a while now. Early on we had some problems where the net apps would just seem to go away for a second or two, causing a "Resource Temporarily Unavailable" error message. This would usually crash one or more databases. After much complaining and convincing that this wasn't a database issue, the network guys applied a patch to the Network Appliances and we haven't seen the error since...

Alan Aschenbrenner
alan.aschenbrenner_at_ihs.com
IHS Group
(303)-858-6394

Author: Charlie Mengler
  INET: charliem_at_mwh.com

Author: Aschenbrenner, Alan
  INET: alan.aschenbrenner_at_ihs.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

Author: Aschenbrenner, Alan
  INET: alan.aschenbrenner_at_ihs.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 30 2001 - 07:02:48 CST