RE: Temporary table

From: Aponte, Tony <AponteT_at_hsn.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:48:59 -0800

Harvinder, I'm a little confused.  The requirements you describe (up to the last sentence) are a classic example of what Global Temporary Tables are suited for.  The last sentence puzzles me since you would only be creating one GTT before deploying the code, not each time the code runs.  Sessions just create their own private data segments upon the first Insert operation.  These segments are visible only to that session (regardless of the schema used to connect to the database) just like if each one had it's own distinctively-named table.  If you could I'd like to see a follow-up post with more information that shed light on your thought process.

Tony Aponte

Author: Harvinder Singh

  INET: Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051

San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists

also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Oct 29 2001 - 12:48:59 CST