Temporary table

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:20:54 -0700

Hi,

In our application we need to create temporary table for life of a session and drop it after the session.
we need this table to be session specific ...2 sessions connected as same schema user should be able to create
table with the same name......
for example user1. connected as scott create table with name tab1..then user2 connected as scott should also be
able to create table with name tab1...and we want table tab1 to be dropped as soon as user1 and user2 will discconnect.... We need to populate this temporary table in particular session and use it to join with other tables and then drop after the session..... How can we implement this.......
global temporary table does not allow to be created twice in 1 schema..they r schema specific.......

Thanks
-Harvinder

Author: Harvinder Singh
  INET: Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 25 2001 - 16:20:54 CDT