RE: Java in the database

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 08:21:13 -0700

Thanks Jan, I was just curious because here, we are using PL/SQL and the New Features course for 8i made such a big deal out of Java in the database. I took the course when 8.1.5. had been released and no patches were yet available.

I don't know how the economic slump will affect "new" projects like those that would convert apps to Java or adding new Java apps to database servers. Here we seem to be continuing along the same line we were following for the past couple of years.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Oct 26 2001 - 10:21:13 CDT