RE: Droping System User

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:15:02 -0700

Did you trop the user SYSTEM and also try to drop the tablespace SYSTEM, or else remove the datafiles in tablespace SYSTEM?

Removing the system tablespace, or a datafile in the system tablespace, is bad news indeed. Removing only the SYSTEM user can be fairly harmless (though of course never recommended), depending, of course, on what objects you have installed under user SYSTEM. Received on Mon Oct 22 2001 - 12:15:02 CDT