RE: Hot Backup Issue

From: Rajesh Dayal <Rajesh_at_ohitelecom.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 22:20:26 -0700

I think, I need to answer this original post( late, because our time zone is different ;-))

        I was doing this in the test environment ( which I mentioned in my original post too) with total database size of 250 Mb. To make the testing easier I had adopted some random method. At that point of time I didn't care whether I choose method 1 or method 2 ( described below). My motive was to design and document a full proof method for recovery from Hotbackup in case of any kind of failure. Somehow I was missing the clue in one of the test cases and I posted the query describing my original steps honestly....

        BTW I am aware of consequences of putting all the TS ( of Production environment) in backup mode in one stretch for hot backup purpose. Any-way, I thank everybody for contributing.

Thanks again everybody,
Rajesh

Author: Guy Hammond
  INET: guy.hammond_at_avt.co.uk

Author: Rajesh Dayal
  INET: Rajesh_at_ohitelecom.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 03 2001 - 00:20:26 CDT