RE: Oracle -> SQL Server

From: Cale, Rick T (Richard) <RICHARD.T.CALE_at_saic.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 11:40:47 -0700

I have
not used it but Oracle Transparent Gateway can query against a SQL Server database. This is a very expensive product.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>Rick

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Christopher Spence   [mailto:cspence_at_FuelSpot.com]Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 2:41   PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   Oracle -> SQL Server
  I know there is a way in SQL server to   query oracle tables, is there a way to do the reverse?   I am looking at <FONT face=Arial
  size=2>trying to create access from an Oracle   DB to SQL Server data until we convert the SQL server database.   Anyone have any ideas on this, I
  searched technet (ms/oracle) and metalink, as well as some search engines   without luck.
  "Do not criticize someone until you walked   a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them, you are a mile a way   and have their shoes."
  Christopher R. Spence
  Oracle DBA
  Phone: (978)
  322-5744