RE: Problems with patchsets to 8.1.7.0.0 on Windows 2000

From: Yexley Robert D SSgt AFIT/SCA <Robert.Yexley_at_afit.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 11:42:27 -0700

I had that same problem with it. I ended up getting it to work OK when I navigated into the directory structure that the zip file creates (or on CD, whichever you're running it from) into <patch_base>\install\win32\setup.exe and ran it from there. This actually runs the OUI instead of the unnecessary little autorun executable that they put in the root directory. Try that, I think that will work for you.

Author: Don Granaman
  INET: granaman_at_home.com

Author: Yexley Robert D SSgt AFIT/SCA
  INET: Robert.Yexley_at_afit.edu