RE: Sqloader

From: Koivu, Lisa <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 08:08:52 -0700

Also, depending on what version you are on, you can have multiple INTO TABLE statements.  See below from the 8.1.7 doco.

Using Multiple INTO TABLE Statements

Multiple INTO TABLE statements allow you to: Load data into different tables
Extract multiple logical records from a single input record Distinguish different input record formats

In the first case, it is common for the INTO TABLE statements to refer to the same table. This section illustrates the different ways to use multiple INTO TABLE statements and shows you how to use the POSITION keyword.

Note: A key point when using multiple INTO TABLE statements is that field scanning continues from where it left off when a new INTO TABLE statement is processed. The remainder of this section details important ways to make use of that behavior. It also describes alternative ways using fixed field locations or the POSITION keyword.

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Database Administrator
Fairfield Resorts, Inc.
954-935-4117

Author: Dennis M. Heisler
  INET: dheisler_at_binghamton.edu

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists