RE: Looking for 24 X 7 Design Considerations

From: Christopher Spence <cspence_at_FuelSpot.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:05:50 -0700

Only a little over 4 years here and a sys admin for 7, but I completely agree 100%.

What a lot of people neglect is the bugs that he mentioned, yeah it may test well under development, or under certain testing, and may even run fine for a while even months, but when one of those new bugs come up out of no where, and no one is familiar with it, it can cripple you.

"Do not criticize someone until you walked a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them, you are a mile a way and have their shoes."

Christopher R. Spence
Oracle DBA
Phone: (978) 322-5744
Fax: (707) 885-2275