Re: 64 bit vs 32 bit Oracle

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:08:34 -0700

!! Please do not post Off Topic to this List !!

My experience to date is that Oracle 9i running on 64-bit hp-ux 11 runs at about half the speed of Oracle 8.1.7 running on 32-bit hp-ux.

I also have a test on Sun showing 9.0.1 on 64-bit Solaris running 20% slower than
8.1.7 on 64-bit Solaris; and at speed which suggest that it is the 32/64 bit change that causes most of the degradation.

I have yet to install 8.1.7 on 64-bit hp-ux and compare it with the other two hp-ux
setups.

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/ind_faq.html