RE: Stored procedures that return multiple rows

From: Jack C. Applewhite <japplewhite_at_inetprofit.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:05:23 -0700

Paul,

For a couple of projects that I've
worked on, several Java programmers have liked having Ref Cursors returned from PL/SQL stored procedures.  They could work with those much more easily than PL/SQL tables.

Can't remember if we even tried VArrays. I don't think I'd like them for returning table data - too much work to populate them.

Jack

--------------------------------Jack C. ApplewhiteDatabase
Administrator/DeveloperOCP Oracle8 DBAiNetProfit, Inc.Austin, Texaswww.iNetProfit.comjapplewhite_at_inetprofit.com(512)327-9068

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma>-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com   [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Paul BaumgartelSent:   Thursday, August 23, 2001 3:11 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list   ORACLE-LSubject: Stored procedures that return multiple   rows
  We're considering a
  mandate that all database access be via stored procedures (probably in   packages).  These would be called either via OCCI (the C++ call   interface) or JDBC.  My question is whether anyone's had experience   in returning a result set from a PL/SQL procedure under   these circumstances, and how it was implemented:  did you   return a ref cursor, an index-by table, a set of arrays....?  Any advice   will be appreciated.  Thanks!

  Paul Baumgartel MortgageSight
  Holdings, LLC pbaumgartel_at_mortgagesight.com

  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">  Received on Thu Aug 23 2001 - 16:05:23 CDT