RE: OT RE: How do you audit a DBA?

From: Kevin Lange <kgel_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:25:25 -0700

If you can't trust him just move him up to management where he can put his devious nature to use in a job of folks just like him....

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma>-----Original Message-----From: Mohan, Ross   [mailto:MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com]Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 4:40   PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: OT   RE: How do you audit a DBA?
  That sounds more like Rachel or Lisa.   <G>

  Let's hope it wasn't Shrek, Dorothy, or   any of the other members
  of the trans-species gang that pulled me   onto their flying saucer last night.

    <FONT
    face=Tahoma>-----Original Message-----From: JOE TESTA     [mailto:JTESTA_at_longaberger.com]Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001     4:17 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list     ORACLE-LSubject: RE: OT RE: How do you audit a     DBA?
    But I was NOT the one who brought up "DBAing in my pajamas" ;)
    joe
>>> MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com 08/23/01 03:16PM

    It's shocking to me that you would
    consider such a thing, Young Joseph!
    ;-)

      [mailto:JTESTA_at_longaberger.com]Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001
      2:23 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list
      ORACLE-LSubject: OT RE: How do you audit a
      DBA?
      DBA-cam now there's a kewl concept :)

      Then we can see what the goddess's desk looks like.

      Whether Lisa looks like Laura or not, etc.

      This has serious potential

      joe
      >>> MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com 08/23/01 01:11PM
      >>>I think i see where this thread is going. You'd
      better audit change to the trigger that audits changes to the
      datathataudits the DBA that you don't trust. Maybe
      throwing another trigger at it will help?Maybe installing a 24x7
      "DBA-cam" above his cube?Maybe feeding him a higher grade of "DBA
      Food Pellets" would    cut down on theft?Maybe
      regular sodium pentathol for lunch followed by
      "re-interviews"    on a weekly
      basis?-----Original Message-----Sent: Thursday, August
      23, 2001 12:52 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list
      ORACLE-Lyou'd better audit changes to the trigger, and then
      changes to SYS.AUD$otherwise the DBA could disable the trigger,
      make the changes and re-enable it>From: Dave
      Leach <Dave.Leach_at_claybrook.co.uk>>Reply-To:
      ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
      <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>>Subject: How do you audit a
      DBA?>Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 07:56:29 -0800>>Anyone
      who can help,>>I've been asked if Oracle can somehow audit
      the DBA ie. Raise an alert if>the DBA were to execute DML
      statements against sensitive tables, this>assumes the DBA has the
      SYS password.  I thought this was a pretty>reasonable question
      but couldn't think of an answer.  My trail of though
      >was>maybe an email alert to a designated member of staff
      sent via a trigger on>the table.>>Any comments would
      be very appreciated.>>Dave
      Leach>>>>>**********************************************************************>The
      above information is confidential to the addressee and may
      be>privileged.  Unauthorised access and use is
      prohibited.>>Internet communications are not secure and
      therefore this Company does>not accept legal responsibility for the
      contents of this message.>>If you are not the intended
      recipient, any disclosure, copying,>distribution or any action
      taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on>it, is prohibited and
      may be unlawful.>>Claybrook Computing Limited is a
      subsidiary of>Claybrook Computing (Holdings)
      Limited>Registered Office: Abbey House. 282 Farnborough Road,
      Farnborough,>Hampshire GU14 7NJ>Registered in England and
      Wales No 1287205>>A Hogg Robinson plc
      company>**********************************************************************>-->Please
      see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A
      href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com>-->Author:
      Dave Leach>   INET:
      Dave.Leach_at_claybrook.co.uk>>Fat City Network
      Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858)
      538-5051>San Diego,
      California        -- Public Internet
      access / Mailing
      Lists>-------------------------------------------------------------------->To
      REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message>to:
      ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in>the
      message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L>(or the
      name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You
      may>also send the HELP command for other information (like
      subscribing)._________________________________________________________________Get
      your FREE download of MSN Explorer at <A
      href="http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp">http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp--
      Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A
      href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com-- Author:
      Rachel Carmichael  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.comFat City
      Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858)
      538-5051San Diego,
      California        -- Public Internet
      access / Mailing
      Lists--------------------------------------------------------------------To
      REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto:
      ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe
      message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of
      mailing list you want to be removed from).  You mayalso send the
      HELP command for other information (like subscribing).-- Please
      see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A
      href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com-- Author:
      Mohan, Ross  INET: MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.comFat City Network
      Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858)
      538-5051San Diego,
      California        -- Public Internet
      access / Mailing
      REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto:
      ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe
      message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of
      mailing list you want to be removed from).  You mayalso send the
      HELP command for other information (like
  subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 23 2001 - 16:25:25 CDT