Displaying a BLOB image through Developer 6.0 tool

From: Beatriz Martínez Jiménez <beamar_at_cidaut.es>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 01:05:17 -0700

Hello list,
I haven´t seen many questions about Developer tool in this forum, maybe it´s not the correct one to make this question, but I´ll try it. Although there is a lot of information about LOB´s in manuals and Metalink, I haven´t found anything about displaying an image stored in a BLOB column , through
  the Developer 6.0 tool.
  This developer version allows the manipulation of LOBs elements, but how?
  I have read that I need to create an image element but how do I link it with the BLOB column? Do I have to create a PL/SQL script, and   transform it to raw data.....? I suppose that if this datatype are readable to dev. it could manage them directly without preproccesing.   I would thank any help, TIA Received on Thu Aug 23 2001 - 03:05:17 CDT