RE: Displaying a BLOB image through Developer 6.0 tool

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 03:33:19 -0700

Beatriz,

You don't see many discussions of Forms, Reports, Graphics, Developer, Jdeveloper on this list because this is a DBA list.

It doesn't mean that the list members become annoyed when people ask questions not directly related to DBA work. In fact, sometimes I wish there were more answers regarding these technologies, including the beast with tentacles: iAS.

You may have more luck getting answers though from the ODTUG listserv, which is maintained by a group of Oracle developers. To be part of that organisation you need to be a member, but they do let non-members subscribe to the list. The reason they let people do this is because when they talked about charging a fee in US dollars, many list members from outside the U.S. started howling.

To register for the ODTUG listserv, do one of these, I don't know if they are still all valid, this list is about 2 years old: ODTUG-L - General Designer/ Developer/ Discoverer Discussions

          send message with "SUBSCRIBE ODTUG-L your_full_name" in message body

     ODTUG-DES2K-L - Designer/2000 topics
          send message with "SUBSCRIBE ODTUG-DES2K-L your_full_name" in
message body
     ODTUG-DEV2K-L - Developer/2000 topics
          send message with "SUBSCRIBE ODTUG-DEV2K-L your_full_name" in
message body
     ODTUG-DISC2K-L - Discoverer/2000 topics
          send message with "SUBSCRIBE ODTUG-DISC2K-L your_full_name" in
message body
     ODTUG-METHODS-L - Methodology topics
          send message with "SUBSCRIBE ODTUG-METHODS-L your_full_name" in
message body
     ODTUG-Warehouse-L - Data Warehousing Discussions
          send message with "SUBSCRIBE ODTUG-Warehouse-L your_full_name" in
message body
     ODTUG-REPORTS-L - Oracle Reports
          send message with "SUBSCRIBE ODTUG-Reports-L your_full_name" in
message body
     ODTUG-SQLPLUS-L - SQL*Plus
          send message with "SUBSCRIBE ODTUG-SqlPlus-L your_full_name" in
message body

HTH (Hope this Helps)
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 23 2001 - 05:33:19 CDT