Re: iAS Administration course

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 06:51:40 -0700

I attended the 9iAS Admin course on 6 & 7 August. I can't give it a strong recommendation. It primarily (85%+) was an Apache install & configure class. I got the same information from the Apache book from WORX Press.

"Boivin, Patrice J" wrote:

> I searched on the Canadian and U.S. web sites for a course entitled
> something like "iAS 1.0.2.2. Installation, Configuration, Administration and
> Performance Tuning", couldn't find any.
>
> The old OAS courses are still there, but iAS 1.0.2.2. is very different from
> OAS it seems to me.
>
> They do offer courses on building Portals, etc., but those courses are for
> developers, not DBAs.
>
> Regards,
> Patrice Boivin
> Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)
>
> Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
> Technology Services | Services technologiques
> Informatics Branch | Direction de l'informatique
> Maritimes Region, DFO | Région des Maritimes, MPO
>
> E-Mail: boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca <mailto:boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>

> Author: Boivin, Patrice J
> INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Charlie Mengler                      Maintenance Warehouse
charliem_at_mwh.com                     10641 Scripps Summit Ct.
858-831-2229       .NET? Not yet!    San Diego, CA 92131
Author: Charlie Mengler
  INET: charliem_at_mwh.com