Re: PARTITION attache to SYNONYM

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 12:19:47 -0700

Remind me,
Is it a locally managed tablespace ?
If so, get on to Oracle about the following idea. a) Export the data from the extent
b) Use dbms_space_admin to make the non-existent

    segment appear/disappear

If not, is there even an entry in UET$ for the extent ?

Is this a standard partiitoned table, or a partitioned IOT ? If standard, there MUST be a segment, because dba_tab_partitions CANNOT report a partition without joining to the matching seg$ row.

Jonathan Lewis

Seminars on getting the best out of Oracle Last few places available for Sept 10th/11th See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html

Author: Jonathan Lewis
  INET: jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk