Re: Recovery without backup.

From: JOE TESTA <JTESTA_at_longaberger.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 12:19:43 -0700

yea its been around a while, look at

alter database create datafile, in the 817 docs its under the category:

Re-Creating Datafiles when Backups Are
Unavailable

joe

>>> cspence_at_FuelSpot.com 08/08/01 03:21PM

I don't know much about this feature, but someone mentioned in 8.1.7 you can recover a datafile even without a backup as long as you have a control file that knew about it and the archive logs. Anyone give this a try?  I am going to attempt this weekend on my test box.
"Do not criticize someone until you walked a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them, you are a mile a way and have their shoes."
Christopher R. Spence  <FONT

face="Bell MT" size=1>OCP  MCSE MCP A+ RAPTOR CNA <FONT
face="Comic Sans MS" size=2>Oracle DBA <FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
size=2>Phone: (978) 322-5744 <FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
size=2>Fax:    (707) 885-2275

Fuelspot <FONT
face="Comic Sans MS" size=2>73 Princeton Street <FONT
face="Comic Sans MS" size=2>North, Chelmsford 01863 <FONT
face="Comic Sans MS" size=2>